Saturday, May 12, 2012

UFQ #1

WooHoo! I have one unfinished project (quilt) done! I will call this UFQ  #1. For those who are reading this post, you might notice my UFQs are not in order (sorry, yours is coming!).
Last year I was blog hopping and found a bunch of bloggers who were in a virtual quilting bee. They would send fabric and directions to their friends and they had to complete the block and send them back within a certain amount of time. Sooo, knowing I had a stash that needed to be used up, I decided to put my feelers out among my friends and see who was interested. Kim, Sally, and Diane, these photos are for you! I finished the tablecloth with the blocks you sent me. The blocks are beautiful and I am so appreciative of all the work you did on them! I have to apologize for not putting forth the absolute best stitching on this project - each time I sat down to work on it, I kept thinking of all the other things I should be working on!  I still think the virtual  quilting bee is a great idea and would love to get another one going. We can make it simple and the more people that are involved, the better! Let me know what you think.
 The flower block is called Aster. It was fun and a little bit of a challenge to put the block together but so worth it!
                                          I just had to add the beautiful flowers Nick, Kathryn
                                         and the boys sent for Mother's Day!!!

                                           A closer look. There are 9 Aster blocks in all.

                                          The bowl in the middle is a fabric bowl Diane
                                          made out of the rest of what I sent her.

                                           My photo take on how the Amish display their
                                           gorgeous quilts     :)


Well, I am able to cross this off my to do list! Now on to the next. Hmmm, dare I tell what unfinished project I will work on next?  Maybe if I do, it will actually get done!
OK, here goes, I am going to take out and work on . . . . .  (Drum roll please). . . . Nick and Kathryn's quilt!!!!!  There, I said it, now I have to do it!
Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. WOW Cathy! I love it!!! The colors are beautiful and it looks so nice outside on your table! Your Mothers Day Flowers are beautiful! Happy Mothers Day and Thanks for posting pictures! Hmmm Simpler quilt patterns - might be tempting! :0) - - might!

    ReplyDelete