Sunday, June 1, 2014

Finished Baby Quilt

I finished the Baby quilt my sister and I put together when in Vermont.  I quilted it on my sewing machine on Monday (Memorial Day) and logged 1 hour and 20 minutes of actual sewing time but it took me between 3 and 4 hours (that's because I had to roll, move, roll, move, THINK, roll, move . . .  you get the picture!)
Not really my best work - I was frustrated with the little issues from the piecing.  BUT, it sure is cute!  We used the applique patterns from Designs by JuJu.  This is actually an alphabet set with a picture attached but we chose not to use the letters. 

I REALLY need a better camera with some experience on taking good photos but here are some shots of the quilt:




I love looking at the back of quilts to see the stitching!
 
 




I am off to Denver for work for the next two weeks.  I dread being gone from Hubby and home for that long BUT, I managed to secure a sewing machine to use while I am up there and am planning on spending my evenings in the hotel room SEWING!!!  Yay!
I mentioned a while ago on one of my postings that I was getting ready to get back to a quilt I started a Very Long Time Ago. . .
I am bringing it with me and hope to make some progress.  Finishing up that quilt will make me feel like I have truly accomplished something and then can move on to other projects I have had lined up for a while.
I will post photos as I go along.  Who knows, maybe I will be organized enough to post while I am away!
Now, to ensure I organize my work days up there to not be too long and exhausting  (When I travel for work, I usually work 12 to 16 hour days in hopes of  being able to relax a little when I am home.  Needless to say, that RARELY happens   :))
Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment