Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

I sincerely apologize for taking so long to write again! I have had some technical difficulties - my computer had a virus and needed to be nursed back to health. Heaven only knows what I did to cause it!!!!
My wonderful husband and I are coming up on our 32nd wedding anniversary! Where did the years go? In a lot of ways it feels like yesterday when we were married. Then I look at the HUGE family we have and KNOW that it was not just yesterday! Nine children, four kids-in-law, and four grandsons with two more on the way!!! How wonderful the Lord has been to us!
We started out on August 16, 1980:

In 1980, I believe that was a normal sized diamond!!!! The rocks girls get today . . .
I have been so sentimental about this ring! After all, Louie and I chose them in May of 1980! Well, Louie asked if I would like a new Diamond . . . .

                                                            AND I SAID YES!!!!!!




                                   Here it is, the Husqvarna Viking Designer DIAMOND Deluxe!!!

OK, so here's the story:
On June 30th, my sister, Diane (who lives in Vermont) went to a quilt show at the fairgrounds in Essex Junction (where we grew up).  I had literally been out of bed for 5 minutes when Louie brought me the phone and said "I just bought you a XXXX thousand dollar sewing machine". I laughed and said "you did not!".  Apparently my sister had already been talking Louie's ear off, telling him how I needed to take advantage of this great offer and trade in the Viking ROSE I'd had for 15 years.  I informed my sister that yes, I had been getting emails and flyers about this deal they were having but there was no way I was going to buy a new sewing machine! Besides, I had brought my sewing machine in to have it repaired a week earlier and was waiting to get it back.  WELL, we made several phone calls back and forth and I ended up trading in my ROSE and purchasing a DIAMOND!!!!
Not only that, but DIANE bought one too!  I bet those ladies in Essex Junction had to grab a piece of fabric and tie it around their head (from top to chin) to keep their jaws closed! TWO DIAMONDS in one sale!
It took about a week and a half to arrive in Phoenix and I called the repair shop and told them to pull my machine off the line because I was trading it in. I brought my machine to the Viking Sew Gallery in Glendale to be repaired (I think the timing was finally off after hundreds of hours of sewing) and they were so kind and gracious. They helped facilitate the whole transaction and I have returned there to learn how to use this new machine.
My sister bought the software (5D) with hers and I did not. I figured it will be a while before I am digitizing savvy like she is so she can be the designer for now!
The classes have been great and today is the last one. This is where I will be using my computer with the embroidery unit.  Unfortunately, the last few weeks have been crazy with getting used to my new job, traveling, and doing on-line education, that I have not had a whole lot of time using the machine. Besides, I really am a little bit scared still  :)
Well, I will be posting more as I learn more!
Have a happy day!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! It's amazing what you get with technology today!

    P.S.
    I love that photo of your rings. When did you get that done!?

    ReplyDelete