Monday, December 17, 2012

Catching Up

Wow! I can hardly believe three months have gone by since my last post!
A lot has happened since then.  Louie and I took a trip to Germany to visit Grandson #6 - who was born October 14th.  We were there from October 24th through November 3rd. I thought I would share some photos with you.

This is Neuschwanstein Castle. The home of King Ludwig II. He died (at a young age) before he could finish it but what was done was beautiful! The throne room has a mosaic tile floor like none I could ever imagine! The chandeliers throughout the castle are unbelievable!
Louie and I walked uphill for 20 minutes to get there. Imagine how we felt when the tour guide informed us we would climb 63 stairs before the tour began!  I counted them to see if they were right. Guess what? They were!!!


This is Hohenschwangau, King Ludwig II's parents "summer" home. This castle is located about two miles from Neuschwanstein (down the hill). It was beautiful but not nearly as beautiful as Neuschwanstein. We saw this one first!

My Dear Sweet Husband, Louie. He looks a bit cold, doesn't he? This is hardly the kind of weather an Arizona boy expects in October!!

This is a small lake located between the two castles. The view all around was absolutely breath taking!

This is another view of the lake later that same day, at dusk. You can see the base of the Alps in the background.

This was our first trip overseas and we had a great time. Of course the highlight was seeing baby Gabe, Diane, and Isaac!

                                                                       What a cutie!

Well, that's all for now. My next post will be show and tell Christmas stockings!

No comments:

Post a Comment