Friday, June 21, 2013

Travels

 I may have mentioned in a previous post that I am a nurse and work as part of a compliance team for a company that owns and operates long term care facilities. When I took this job (just over a year ago), I decided that one of my goals would be to visit a quilt shop wherever my travels took me. Well, that doesn't happen a whole lot because when I am visiting a facility, my work day usually takes me past (sometimes long past) 5pm - which is when most quilt shops close for the day.

This week I was in Colorado.  I left the facility in search of lunch and had stopped at a Wal-Mart neighborhood market for the much needed bottle of water and CHOCOLATE! I headed out of the parking lot in one direction and decided to turn the car around and head out the other way when I saw the sign in big letters - QUILT SHOP.  Well, needless to say, that lunch hour just got extended as I pulled up to the front of the shop, parked, and got out!

I was at Fabric Expressions in Littleton, Colorado.  What fun to check out quilt shops and get a feel for the personalities that go into the them!

This shop (like many others), carries a lot of Moda fabrics. Being a lover of pre-cuts, I was thrilled to see so many jelly rolls, charm packs, and dessert rolls! The owner of this shop seems to really like the fabrics and patterns of Fig Tree & Co. (Joanna Figueroa). Of course, I love her creations too and was able to purchase one of her Vintage Stamp Collection patterns and a couple of charm packs.  The shop had many quilts hanging up throughout the store - always eye candy for me!
I guess this was one of the best lunch hours I have had in a long time!


Well of course I had to pick up some Christmas!!!!
 


3 comments:

  1. Mom, I just happened to check your blog out and on a day that you posted! Glad you enjoyed your quilt shop experience in CO. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Maybe you should make it a lunch break mission when you travel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!! Cannot wait to see what you make with your fig tree charm packs!!!! U bwt that lunch break went way to fast!

    ReplyDelete