Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Greatest Dad!!

20 years ago, I went to Southern California to finish up my RN training. I had been an LPN for 13 years and during most of those years, I would have a baby, take a class, have a baby, take a class (you get the picture!).
The final part of my education had me going to Long Beach to do a 2 1/2 day practical.  When I finished, I met up with my brother and sister-in-law and we ended up shopping at a big mall.
Father's day was coming and I was in search of the best gift for my husband. We saw a shop in the mall where they made customized shirts.  This is what Louie received for Father's day 20 years ago:


The shirt says:  I'm a great Dad, just ask:   Nicholas, Hannah, Ben, Megan, Diane, Nathan, Jared, Joel, Kimera.

The lady in the shop couldn't believe I wanted NINE kids on the shirt!!!!

My son-in-law, Luke, was asking Louie on his birthday (the week before Father's Day) what the best gift was that he could remember receiving and Louie said it was this shirt.

Well. . . the kids got together and decided to do another:

 
This is the whole family as of Father's Day, 2013
 


Top row is Nicholas' family

 
Second row is Hannah (who will forever be pregnant) and Luke; Ben, and his family (Victoria will also forever be pregnant)
 
 
 

 Third row is Megan; then Diane and her family,
Last row is Nathan, Jared and Joel (all three are military) and Kimera (who is no longer the baby!)
 
Louie certainly got a kick out of this one!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I LOVE it! What a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the rate the family is growing we should just get him a new shirt every year :) That way Hannah and Victoria won't be forever pregnant. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to be forever pregnant....I hope that's not prophetic!

    ReplyDelete