Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sewcation

Just two more weeks and then I get to fly to Vermont for a week of sewing with my sister Diane!!! Of course, I will also spend some time with my Mom and I will visit with my other sister Debbie, and stop by to check out my little brother James' new home theatre room.  I saw photos and it looks pretty impressive - so I will have to plan to have some of my projects at the hand-work stage when I go to his house. (you know, so that I can work while watching a movie).
My dear hubby, Louie, is sitting this vacation out. He didn't think it would be much fun to go all the way to Vermont to listen to my sister and I yack and sew every day (I can't imagine why).
Of course, there is one more thing I will be doing when in Vermont.  This is super exciting too!  Turns out the folks I went to High School with are having a multi year reunion while I am back there. Graduates from Essex Junction High School from 1969 through 1979 will be getting together. This will be the first time attending for me. Both my sisters fall into that category too! (I also have an older brother that does, but he lives in Texas).
Yesterday was a pretty successful sewing day for me. I managed to put together 10 burp cloths (for gifts), stitch out part of a quilt on my embroidery machine, and get a few more hearts completed for the same quilt!  I am off traveling for work this week but look forward to coming home and hitting the machine again. I would like to have that quilt done before my sewcation.
Sister Diane and I have a very specific, important mission and I can't wait to share it all with you once it is done!
Until later, have a wonderful week!

2 comments: